Thursday, June 30, 2011
Has anyone noticed the profusion of pops in mass marketing this summer?
Here's a giant pop at Target, right next to a giant flip-flop.
Anyone else seen examples of this lately?
Friday, June 17, 2011
Our lives are moving by so fast that everything is happening in bullet points! (And exclamation marks!!) (And question marks?)
- Joel's talented brother made a video of our first day at the Brooklyn Flea this year. It's here...and so convincing that you almost forget everyone is wearing mittens and parkas. Thanks Nate!
- We are up on the High Line again for the summer: find us at the "Chelsea Market Passage" (right above 16th St).
- Besides our own retail outlets, you can also find our pops nesting chez these fine purveyors:
- For years now we've been turning down folks in Tennessee, Colorado or Florida who want to get their hands on some pops. No more! Anyone further afield and jonesin', take note: the lovely folks at Manhattan Fruitier will now ship people's pops overnight on dry ice. Wooooot!
- The other day I randomly noticed that the background pic on Rue's phone was the chalkboard from last year's Chelsea Market shop, where it's been....since last year. We have hired some awesome new people we feel lucky to hang out in the kitchen and on the shop with...but it's pretty great to get the old family back together again, too.
Every summer, the season swallows us in, whirls us around, and (eventually) spits us out. The ride is far from over, but we're optimistic. Our problems may be bigger, but they're better, too. Stay tuned. We have more news coming.