If you pinned the fruit season to a mathematical curve, this might be kind of what it would look like. For most of the year, there's zilch--and then all of a sudden, le deluge.
People's Pops to the rescue!! We've teamed up with the heroes at Red Jacket Orchards, our favorite farmers at the NYC Greenmarket, to offer a collaboration that solves this oversupply issue, just in time for the height of summer. Here's how it goes:
- Red Jacket sells us whatever fruit is at the absolute peak of its abundant season.
- The diligent elves at People's Pops turn the fruit into ice pops (peach-basil, plum-blueberry).
- Red Jacket takes the pops to the Greenmarket.
- New Yorkers everywhere are seized by an exquisite happiness they can't quite identify the source of...
- ...until they walk through the Greenmarket and see the SWEET-ASS UMBRELLA shading the lucky pop vendor at the Red Jacket Orchards stands (our elves are jealous).
Monday: Union Square
Tuesday: Borough Hall
Wednesday: Union Square
Thursday: Bowling Green
Friday: Union Square
Saturday: McCarren Park
Is this a marriage made in heaven, or what??
We think so.